Commitment: 2-3 Evening truck shoots/week, each 4-8 hours long
Internship Duration: 6 months
Food provided on each shoot
Applicants Must Be 15 Years or Older
CMNtv is seeking intern applicants for its remote production truck shoots. CMNtv’s production truck records numerous sporting events, music concerts, and community events to highlight the residents and unique character of each of its funding cities. Common venues include city government buildings, local parks, and high school sporting arenas throughout Oakland County. Truck production interns will learn all aspects of remote, multi-camera productions, and how to apply this knowledge in a variety of settings.
This is a physical job requiring lifting, carrying, and occasional climbing. Most shoots occur during evening hours, and shoots occurring outdoors can be subject to a variety of weather conditions. You must be available for a minimum of two shoots per week, although three is preferred.
During the shoots you will interact with CMNtv volunteer crew members, local high school student crew members and the general public. You must maintain a positive, professional attitude throughout each production. Truck interns operate under the authority of Remote Production Coordinator Ben Curry and Executive Director Chris Weagel.
CMNtv is Southeast Michigan's premiere Public Access TV station and community media center. CMNtv serves a consortium of 11 Oakland County communities with low-cost media training, equipment rentals and studio access. CMNtv also provides coverage of local school, sport and civic events with the help of students and its member volunteer crews. CMNtv can be viewed on Comcast & WOW cable channel 18 and online at http://www.cmntv.org.
- Camera/Tripod setup and tear down
- Cable running and wrangling
- Audio setup and board operation
- Live graphics support
- Camera operation
- Strong desire to increase video production skills
- Interest in live, multi-camera production, especially sports
- Desire to create professional, polished productions within resource limitations
What You Receive
- This is a non-paid internship.
- You will receive instruction in all areas of remote production.
- You will receive on-screen credit on all productions.
- If you are currently enrolled in a college or vocational program, credit hours may be available, pending agreement with institution.
- Food (usually pizza) provided on each shoot.