Studio Production Internships
Commitment: 1-2 Evening studio shoots/week, each approx. 4 hours long
Internship Duration: 6 months
Applicants Must Be 15 Years or Older
CMNtv is seeking intern applicants for its studio production shoots. CMNtv is home to many local producers who create talk shows, music shows, and how-to programming on a large variety of interesting topics. All of these shoots require a crew to operate the studio equipment, positions that are filled by CMNtv studio interns and member volunteers who have taken the training courses offered here. Studio production interns will learn all aspects of TV studio production, including camera operation, multi-camera switching, audio monitoring, and graphics.
This is a physical job requiring lifting, carrying, and occasional climbing. Shoots are scheduled at various times during the day, but many occur during evening hours and may run until 9-10pm. You must be available for a minimum of two shoots per week, although three is preferred.
Many shoots will occur on Saturdays.
During the shoots you will interact with CMNtv volunteer crew members, producers, show talent, and the general public. You must maintain a positive, professional attitude throughout each production. Studio interns operate under the authority of Production Coordinator Kevin Eckert and Executive Director Chris Weagel.
CMNtv is Southeast Michigan's premiere Public Access TV station and community media center. CMNtv serves a consortium of 11 Oakland County communities with low-cost media training, equipment rentals and studio access. CMNtv also provides coverage of local school, sport and civic events with the help of students and its member volunteer crews. CMNtv can be viewed on Comcast & WOW cable channel 18 and online at https://www.cmntv.org.
- Camera setup and tear down
- Cable running and wrangling
- Audio setup and board operation
- Live graphics support
- Floor directing
- TelePrompter operation
- Camera operation
- Strong desire to increase video production skills
- Interest in live, multi-camera production, especially talk shows
- Desire to create professional, polished productions within resource limitations
What You Receive
- This is a non-paid internship.
- You will receive instruction in all areas of studio production.
- You will receive on-screen credit on all productions.
- If you are currently enrolled in a college or vocational program, credit hours may be available, pending agreement with institution.
- All the Mountain Dew your frail body can handle.